Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It occurs to me that Michael Jackson was horribly naif. I also don't think he had a particularly wonderful life, and I think he was a target for sharks and leeches. Frankly, I feel sorry for him.

On the BBC this morning there was a suggestion that it was a blessed relief he'd died. I have to concur - not with the reasons given on that programme, but for the reason that his death has probably saved him from dreadful humiliation in his London tours. From what we hear, the chap wasn't fit in any way to do them, exacerbated as he'd been dumped with five times as many as he'd originally agreed.

Some people mourn the loss to music, or the loss of an idol. I'd take a different stance and suggest that his life and the manner of his death has been a frightening illumination of the dark corners of our contemporary culture. It's raised a lot of questions over image, celebrity, morality, brutality, abuse, and consumerism.

I just hope he hasn't died in vain. But I suspect he has.

end link