Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I did not and have never said that 'religion' nor the religious followers have started all wars (many uprisings, internal conflicts and assorted atrocities but not all wars). Nor have I ever said that saints 'called down from heaven', as I do not believe in either it would be like blaming Tarzan. Bernard however did go around preaching on behalf of a crusade and he was later declared a saint. Saints are created out of people (are saints that can be prayed to polytheism disguised as monotheism?) they do not 'appear' in your heaven as ready made deities.

I have noticed that religion does make for very bad historical reasoning. Watching a documentary recently I was struck by the acceptance of one inscription refering to 'the house of David' found in Jerusalem it was declared that he had to be true. Many English kings have claimed descent from Arthur and inscription abound yet none are considered as confirmation of his possible existance.

end link