Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Which office has the planning application been made to? I wish to make my proposal for another memorial. In fact, people in Dover may have alternative views as to a memorial, so it would be fair to consult the public and find out.

There are many war memorials in Dover commemorating the fallen service men and women of two World Wars, and quite rightly, but perhaps in the year 2011 it could seem far-fetched to put another one up.

One alternative is that which I proposed above, commemorating centuries of men who dedicated years of their lives to sea-faring, and there may well be other possibilities too for something to commemorate, such as King Ethelbert of Kent who in the sixth century, while prince, married a French princess and through her later converted to Christianity.

Of-course there could be other proposals too, so if we could have the address who to write to, then any interested here on the Forum in some other commemorative monument could put forward a proposal to the appropriate office, and may-be they'd like to ask us all in Dover what we think.

Thanks Paul Scotchie if you can give us the address

end link