Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Morning;
    I have to say when I joined DDC probably 30 years ago it was only tea and biscuits quite enough really.
    I don't object to the food as Howard says it is a small cost, but it did come in before Mr Watkins introduced all meetings finishing at 2200 latest so you only go maximum of 4 hours(often a lot less)
    so maybe the need for food could be revisisted.

But getting back to the Title and other views;
    At the moment I believe people still like to see a Mayor, now you could question the cost of this and maybe even come to another answer.
    But don't think we are at that stage as yet.

I'm unaware of any platforms being made by any party for DTC as it hasn't the best name, and none of the 3 parties help in this respect.
    Once DDC goes in with 2 other councils there will be a need for a local Town council.

I do recall Ken the garden party as I was one of the campaigners to get rid of it unless it was to help serious volunteers.

Just to have it to wear nice hats and have lovely food as Ken indicated was not a reason to keep it
    locals did also complain about taking away Kearsney abbey whilst the function took place.

So I was glad it went.
    There are better ways to meet locals and volunteers etc and at little or no cost

end link