Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I will be attending tonight's ceremony in support of my wife Karen who is making a speech to thank Dover Councillors for their substantial donation to the Riverside Centre, a donation that will enable the Centre to continue to provide hot meals each and every Saturday for the foreseeable future.
    The Centre cannot provide transport of a Saturday therefore numbers attending were much reduced compared to weekdays. This makes hot meal provision on Saturdays financially draining on the centre, that is until the Town Council stepped in.
    I should also point out that The Town Council is massively supportive of the elderly in Dover in many many ways and not only financially. They provide admin support, a central location for meetings and the councillors to a man/woman offer to those working at the Centre much needed encouragement for the work being done there.

end link