Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This used to be part of Dover District Council's 'property portfolio'?

Looking through old e-mails from 2016:-

Sold for £55,000 (I find figure hard to believe but have had it from two sources!) Apparently tenants in Maybrook House were on 99 year lease which meant owner could make no income stream from ownership.

The terms of the lease had been negotiated with DDC. Doh!

Just out of interest my e-mail continues

Regent Cinema.

As you know offer initially accepted from Silver Screen @ £500,000 which after 'structural survey' is reduced to £385,000 (NB just above second offer !!!!!!)

DDC cabinet put in conditions 6/12/10 'subject to a restriction that the property shall only be used as a cinema and for no other purpose'

Already planning applications refer to restaurant AS WELL AS CINEMA and having talked to owner 'off the record' it looks like the only way the project is viable is by adding housing in form of penthouse flats (in direct contravention of Cabinet restrictions)

Dunstan House Bede House (College Road Deal)

Originally 22 sheltered accommodation owned by DDC in need of extensive refurbishment.

DDC unable to knock down and replace with like as 'on flood plain'.

Sold for £250,000.

Now 19 properties for sale with shared ownership scam.

Think I'll change name to Cassandra?

end link