Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I saw on Meridian television tonight that the people of Sellindge and Aldington are dead set against having a truck park with a 2,000 truck capacity sited next to their villages...and who can blame them.The villagers had a large meeting today and formed an alliance to fight the thing tooth n nail.

In theory, the idea of a truck park sounds good but who wants one next to them...I myself would happily be a NIMBY( not in my back yard) in this circumstance as I couldnt imagine anything worse...and especially so if I lived in a village. A harbour of diesel noise filth and pollution in lovely green Kent...no thanks.

Conservative Michael Howard was at the meeting today but a representative from KCC failed to show up...presumably for fear of being lynched. The villagers also felt that a 2,000 capacity park would make no difference to the overalll situation as 7,500 trucks pass through on their way to Dover everyday.

On paper these proposals appear to work to the bigwigs at KCC but in living breathing real life the whole thing sounds abysmal.

end link