Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Lots of other issues brought up, but I will leave you all now and look forward to seeing you all at the various groups that actually do try and DO something for our town rather than spit about those who do from a keyboard.

Comment like this from Simon Crowley are indicative of a sad judgemental attitude, when people, who are Townspeople put their viewpoints forward. This is a discussion, Simon Crowley, or maybe the Town Team has put up a thread, describing what they want to happen. You will have different modes of thoughts on this. Do you not deal with different opinions when you are doing your job as a Commercial Estate Agent. Are you so timid and scared, that you cannot accept or absorb another opinion?

Yes, there is a Town Team, and I find John Angell who has long had a business in this town. A very humble, approachable man regarding questions put to him.

I have merely said, that Tersons advertising in certain shops are contradictory with the state of these shops. They should be tidied up, it is not expensive to get soap and water these days.

Any down to earth observations, get hissing fits from those who have the gradiose schemes in their head. However, so often, they just do not happen.

There is a problem, with buildings that are not valued and left. If upkeep is done on a regular basis, it will not cost a fortune in the future. Too often, and Dover People are tired of it, buildings are left to rot and ruin, then pulled down. I am suggesting politely, if the people who are supposed to do their job regarding this. Look after what you already have - Dover will look a brighter and more inviting place.

Regarding the Roman Lawn, I do not see Neil Wiggins mention this. Although Sue Nicolas does.

Underneath there are the Roman Baths, in situ!! Release them, show them!! Original Roman Baths and remains in the Centre of Dover. What a tourist attraction, and what a missed opportunity (again) to acknowledge - The Classicus Brittanicus Roman Fort and Fleet were here. Dover is unique and real.

end link