Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Goodness me. I think I finally understand why Councillors and officers don't give out much information! I had been silent on the forum for quite along time, and I will now go back to that, it is much safer.

I am flattered that Christine.a thinks that Tersons have a monopoly on commercial lettings in Dover. It is true that this is one of the departments we have, but if you look around, there are 2 Folkestone agents, 1 London, 1 Tonbridge, 1 Canterbury and a couple of the other residential agents in Dover do a bit now and then. Also, there are no local agents involved in the DTIZ lettings at all. The properties you talk about are indeed a problem. They have Landlords who are not local and in particular, three of the properties are subject to long and protracted dilapidation claims.

Tenants do not always look after the properties as they should. Some of the buildings are in a shocking condition and will cost fortunes to bring them back to their former glory. We do indeed have beautiful buildings and I do actually hope that they will come back to life in a way that is suitable for today.

It is not the agent's job to clean the properties, although we would happily arrange it if we are put in funds. Sadly we almost never are.

Lots of other issues brought up, but I will leave you all now and look forward to seeing you all at the various groups that actually do try and DO something for our town rather than spit about those who do from a keyboard.

end link