Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Seriously when will you ever be satisfied?

This scheme cost DDC c£500k (the rest of the funding coming from the Coastal Communities Fund).

The street lighting in Market Square was reaching the end of its life & would likely have needed replacing in the next 2 years & would have cost not far off DDC's investment in this scheme.

So we have got an enhanced social space, with significantly more seating, replacement planting including 6 mature trees (scheduled for late Autumn planting), more pedestrian friendly pavements, and a performance space with proper electrics for £500k - seems like a bargain to me. Oh and many of the seats have backs on & armrests (to stop people sleeping on them).

I still dont really get the arches & mist but will reserve judgement until I see them working with the lights etc.

The only other concern I have was the decision by Kent Highways & DDC to not put anti graffiti coating on all the white concrete,because it apparently turned it a cream colour which the powers that be didn't like, lumbering the rate payers with the possibility of substantially higher future maintenance bills.

end link