Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Vic ,
    I hate to think the long knives are out .The cabinet is made up of ten members .You well know my role is Housing .Im not to do with regeneration collectivley we are all involved . Every day I receive a report of where we could build affordable homes .Today I visited someone who works with vulnerable people who wants to extend the accomodation he can provide .The visit was made you probably saw me picked up, before 5.00pm the officer had emailed a letter to KCC Supporting People and hopefully it will come before the Commisioning body in December for decision .Currently we are looking at a further scheme for people with Mental Health problems ,also a scheme for people with dual addictions .Paul has a team around him some newer members and the old guard with experience .I do hope because my role does not cover empty shops the finger or suggestion is made at me
    Housing is the most complex Portfolio,every day there are enquiries re accomodation,repairs and sadly rent arrears which have to be dealt with .Someone has to deal with Homeless people ,vulnerable people with needs .I do hope you get the picture .In the main its the Portfolio Holder s,for Planning ,Regeneration and Transport ..Don forget to look out for the car tomorrow .

Im in London tomorerow and hopefully will be talking to people re affordble homes .On Friday I shall be at Connaught Barracks .Ashford is now becvoming succesful as they had housing growth before Dover was granted theirs ,Folkestone has been b;lessed in having a millionare in their midst By the way its Cllr Watkins .

end link