Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Oh no looks like I will be looking for a new job if the railways sack me,.....Paul can I have a job on the Cabinet,if you get rid of them.....what worries me Vic is that the input from the Tory's Back benches is very little,because we are a smaller group we all chip in,although we have our strong Cllrs and weaker ones,as do the Cabinet,and I am sure that Paul and his advisors help choose thier leadership.
    When I stood for my Shadow Portfolio position,I had to talk my leader into it,as he wanted me to do something else,then when the matter wasn't resolved I asked for an election,and only when I won 2 elections did I get the position that I wanted and knew I could do.
    But because I work full time what position I stand for or what Committees I am put on really depends on the time it takes,when the meetings are and if I feel that I can do the job.Some of the positions on the Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet are or should be semi/full time and I can't pay my morgage with what the Council pay,so I have to carry on with my full time employment.
    I remember when I was Chairman of Tourism Twinning and Civic Function on the Town Council,I took a unusual step and asked a Independant to be my number 2 because he was always at the functions and supported everything,I was critisied for doing that but I knew he would do a good job because he had a enthusiasm and he was duly elected my Vice Chairman that man was Vic.It shows that the best person for the job is the one that can do it,and has time to do it,and hopefully has an intrest in it.
    Could you imagine me on Transport,I ride a Bike and because I work for a Train Company can't talk on that,and I don't drive a car,actually perhaps that would help close all road except for bikes.

end link