Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have for the past week been going round local towns Ashford, Folkestone, Margate, and more, and each one of them are working on their towns centre,and all what happens in Dover is talk and more talk, Ok the council have taken down some old buidings and put up a fence and painted it white, they are always saying we have not got the funding to carrie it on, or it is the plans that are not right, or it is the developers or the developments and so on and so on,but it is clear to us all that there is a major problem If you read all the letters on both our forums and the local papers and indeed look around the town it is a disgrace and it is the worst town centre in this part of Kent or even in Kent, And who is to blame,
    i have said this before we all must put our hands up and me to, we vote or do not vote and for years we vote for a party Red or Blue and we must stop that we must vote for the person we think can do the work.
    I think Mr Walkins is that person but not his cabinet even at the very top the P/M/ will get rid of the ones who do not or seem to get it right, what I am saying is that the D.D.C. needs avery good sortout, some have been there far to long and need to go bring in new faces, But Mr Walkins finds he can not do that, because he has a group around him who he knows very well and does not wish to up set them but it is not doing the town anygood I am talking about Cllrs and officers some must go and go now.Dover is not going to get better with the setup we have now.
    I am not going to see major changes in my life time maybe not even Burlington House.
    If other towns are doing it all around England so can we, or we will die as a town we are well over half way now.When you look around our poor town I will tell you now it is worst than after the war.

end link