Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The stuff is being collected eventually yes, but the communication of changes has fallen down. It's possible that they'll tell us that putting the recycling out before seven in the morning may be a bit of wishfull thinking.

Worryingly, I have received conflicting information over the past week as to where the new recycling plans come from. The District Council's Performance Report second quarter 2008/09 states that DDC continues 'to develop the Council's recycling services in partnership with the other East Kent authorities'. This infers that this is, and has been, ongoing for some time.

However, I also received a Ward News Autumn 2008 from my local Conservatives. It claims to be from Your Local Conservative Team Newsletter. This newsletter suggests that a J Rook and a K Smith surveyed my ward and those that took part indicated that recycling was a major concern and the two of them have acted to improve the service.

A couple of points: I have no recollection of the survey myself, and the figures of my neighbours responses have not been published to my knowledge. The J Rook and K Smith appear to be Conservative councillors and dont appear to be resident in my ward.

A couple of questions: does the council get set recycling targets by the government? If so the claims in the leaflet appear to be bogus. Do the council get money or grants from the government in respect of recycling? If so the claims in the leaflet appear to be bogus. How long has the council been working with other authorities? When did the council make the decision to make improvements to the service?

A further point: if the council has been planning this for some time it is likely that the improvements were acceptable and voted on by my ward councillors so I dont need this propaganda through my door.

A further question: has J Rook and K Smith been selected as Conservative candidates for the County Council elections to be held next year? If this is the case I suppose you can understand the unwanted and bogus leaflet.

end link