Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hello Mr/Mrs/Ms? Button
    Like all social media I try to inform, the problem is people (a few) start to make personal remarks and it hardly encourages councillors to contribute.

We may not agree with what councillors do(or don't do) but in years gone by many councillors have contributed but many gone, because things became to personal, and who can blame them for not posting.
    Like I stated in my last posting Dover Forum is just one of many outlets I use, I also post in my face book page.
    It is difficult when you look at councillors, for me I will vote for someone who lives in the ward or has at least been active.
    I wouldn't be on the Town council had the local labour party stood a local person not voting fodder.
    Whilst on this at the count all the parties on the 2 counts(Priory and Castle) all candidates were having a laugh, only one party didn't and stood glum faced throughout. then they came 3rd which is a disaster for them if only they realised it.

They are so misinformed locally they tried to expel me from the labour party for standing against them but I voluntary left the party over 6 years ago due to work.

I'm not seeing any of the parties active in my ward and I can only presume come the next elections they will again just expect people to vote for them. in wont happen and hopefully more candidates will come forward.

I said at my first meeting party politics should play not part on Town councils, but as they are there I will work with the Tories/Indies/Labour on what's best for Dover but I am only 1 of 18, And many will just follow the party line. I'm working with a conservative on a project at the moment.
    I'm, also working with an independent on another.

You could, on the super council be all for it if you believed Cllr Watkins, but now questions are coming forward on costs that we might not be saving, it could even cost us a lot more, I hate to mention this but maybe a referendum on this major change is required.
    It should be said in fairness that Cllr Watkins doesn't have many choices as the Govt is starving councils of dosh, and there's nothing else to cut.

Everyone wants a better Dover, it's how(or if)it's achieved is the big question

end link