Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Again, I need to comment Ross. DTC do not clean that area up, a volunteer does the litter picking practically every day. I spoke with him. The bin was removed from the area, it belonged to DTC but was emptied by DDC. It's been gone since they took out the fence before Xmas and the litter build up is disgusting. Lots of it ends up in the Dour too. So yes, they are responsible but no, they do not clean it up, he is worried about needles he found, used by drug users and dropped or lost in the area. DTC only are in effect responsible for the allotments, which are a mess too. The same gent told me there was so much rubbish they could not reach when he joined the clean Britain for litter picking at the top part of the ward too. If brambles and bushes on the allotments side of the fence were cleared they would be able to get at the litter. Sorry but the more I look around and research various issues, the more it becomes clear that DTC are little more than a social club, with expenses, paid for by us, the tax payers. And by the very act of paying taxes, we are entitled to point out failings. In all this austerity, why is that alleged £ million plus not used to provide services for this town. We obviously paid for them, so what is happening with our money? And the accrued interest on it? Where is it and why is there no account shown to the residents together with the general accounts. Some call awkward questions red herrings, it seems. A straight, honest answer with no hidden agenda would be appreciated by all. Few of us care about the colour of rosette any representative wears but most like honesty and true representation, of the town, not political or personal views, but our views.

end link