Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well here we go,,,,,,,,,
    I will attempt to say a little but if it all gets personal I will refrain from posting on that subject

Jan's correct the personal incorrect and often libel comments do little for the forum.

Now, lets back to the subject in hand.

Patrick S I feel summed up the meeting very well.

I do feel it would be good to add just a few further comments,

I do feel Love Dover has probably not got off to the best start, and this has not really been helped by those representing it(in my view)

Without doubt the group was set up with good intention, but it should be remembered this was with the help of £350,000 of taxpayers dosh.

The way Directors it appears self appointed themselves is doing little to help the image.

I also share those concerns that having used all that tax payers dosh,there is no accountability to local people.
    The only way the info will come forward is through the charities commission.
    Should this project go ti** up the two directors ms Burton and the mayor just have liabilities of a £1

shelling out all that dosh should have had some sort of accountability to DTC
    When these, and other questions were asked by myself and a few other cllrs(many remained quiet, which I can only assume they support this unaccountable issue) it appears DTC has lost all control of the dosh,
    No details were given of other estate agents that were asked to be part or take part.

And im still none the wiser on how,or who appointed these directors, and why DTC didn't have some kind of input bearing in mind a lot of taxpayers dosh was given.

What I also asked at the full council was the quote from the mayor who stated DTC still had the control but isn't thecase
    Where, like Mr Nuttal in the bye election in stoke, the mayor said he wasnrt aware of the article
    yet it was a full page article
    I did then ask, once the article came out, ifhe thought he hadn't wrote it, why wasn't hisview that it wasn't his article on line soon after?

So there are quite a lot of unanswered questions that wont just go away, and if you want to get people behind you, Love Dover, or some of it leading lights are doing little to make this happen

Like Patrick S I feel with such a large turn out that questions should not have finished 20 minutes early than advertised just because some were difficult.

The express really did have the Mayor squirming over its simple questions over love Dover

And it's unhelpful for the chair of the night to respond along the lines of one persons question, that its of no concern to him as he lives in deal.

The chair at regular intervals was looking at her watch more so when difficult questions flew forward.
    I indicated many times to speak but that's fine as many other members of public did.

Still this is ongoing and hopefully will become more open in the future,
    We can only hope.

end link