Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi Mary

I've only just picked up your post on this forum today.

I am in contact with Primrose's daughter Helen in Canada and yesterday Peter Lockyer contacted me and kindly sent me a photo of his father, John and grandfather, Arthur Lockyer which I am so excited about as I have been researching his life for over 35 years and this was the first picture I've seen of him. My mum, Maureen is his granddaughter from his first marriage and she is so happy to finally see a picture of the grandfather she never knew. What is interesting though is the photo you have posted of Arthur taken in 1920's. We have an identical photo and believe this to be my nan's brother Leonard Arthur Lockyer born 1907. Arthur was born in 1877 so in the 1920's would have been in his 40s but this picture looks like a young man in his 20's. Leonard Arthur Lockyer would have been late teens early 20s during the 1920's. I feel this man in the photo is a young man. What do you think?

So a couple of questions - if this is Arthur Lockyer born 1877 - how do we know it is him? And if it is Leonard, his son who Arthur left when he was only 4 years old, did they have some contact that we were not aware of and Leonard gave a photo of himself to his father Arthur as a young man? According to my nan (now sadly passed on) she never saw her father again and the only thing she knew about his was that he was a chef at Goldsmith's college in London. I would be grateful if you have any information or thoughts on this.

end link