Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I declare an interest, because my mother uses this service and is not one of the 'customers' asked. In such a service local knowledge is vital, as is a local situation. Those using the service are not always articulate in their needs and it is thus up to the person manning the phoneline to know if it is raining heavily, the traffic is stacked-up or there has been an accident somewhere causing problems. Even simple things, like localised power cuts, can cause problems that rely on direct local knowledge. I have personally had to explain to operators at DDC that Aycliffe is in Dover, how much worse if they are in Shepway?
    The rubbish about them saying they prefer a 'local operator' and then moving them further away is the expected justification on questions worded to give the desired result that we have all seen many times.

end link