Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I had a newsletter through from Richard Ashworth our MEP (for the South east) today.

This is what he says on the subject:

""""Euro
    I'm not sorry that Peter Mandelson brought up the issue of the UK joining the euro in response to the global credit crunch. In doing so the recently returned cabinet minister has given a clear indication of the intent of the next Labour government (should they be elected).

To my mind, a time of crisis, such as the one we are currently enduring, does not provide the reason for joining the euro but rather, it provides the reason not doing so.

History tells us that legislation forged in a crisis almost always provides the wrong changes for the wrong reasons. In fact, looking back to the last economic crisis following Black Wednesday, it was the ability to fix our own interest rates coupled with the weakness of our currency that enabled the UK to make such a strong recovery. It is to be hoped those lessons have not been forgotten.""""

end link