Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I used to love Dan Dare when I was a kid, it used to be on the olde steam driven radio. Tune in every week.
    "Dan Dare, the pilot of the future!"..went the strapline. I was gripped.

I think I belong in the Henry Ford school..you know the one, you can have any model T as long as its black, yes him...he who penned the famous quote
    "History is Bunk!"

History is a dodgy thing. Written by the winners of wars who are of course always the good guys(!?). But of course how each country sees their own history differs from the next country viewing the same thing. Ireland's view of its own history for example is very different from England's view of the same thing.

Radovan Karadijc, a loser in the recent Bosnian War, now finds himself in The Hague preparing for his imminent war trial. But if he had won that war, re-united and re-rallied his people, as a president or whathave you, the chances are he wouldnt be there facing trial, yet would still have committed his military misdeeds in order to win that war.

The losers dont write history, the winners write history, mostly as seen by their glossy PR departments at the time.

end link