Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It might just be better all round though Roger (just to put a positive spin on it for the moment). Although the sleek 'wave cutter' looks the business and adds a touch of glamour to the channel crossing..it nevertheless hardly gets going on the crossing. The distances are too short for its full potential to be made use of.

I also personally dont need to rush when Im doing the crossing as I quite like a bit of time onboard. The oul sea voyage clears the lungs and stiffens the sinews etc etc etc...not that I ever go outside in all that fresh air!!

This seacat does not have restaurants, just a snackery, does not have bars, just a drinks station, so all n all its main function is speed which is not a real necessity on the English Channel as the distances are short anyway.

While it is certainly an attraction for the summer passenger, attracted by the glamour of it all, its useability with freight in the winter, as the experienced guys mention above, has probably been its undoing.

I would certainly use this new normal ferry to Boulogne as will enjoy the restaurants and the bars and the bit of extra time. So if others feel that way all is not lost.

end link