Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes indeed, Alec. This sounds like being a fast craft that actually does the job unlike the predecessors which have all come to grief. One of our Maersk chief engineers has resigned and gone to LD Lines and will be flying out to Aussie to join the Norman Arrow. Used to like the old hovercraft, convenient for quick fag runs to Calais, and my wife and I became members of the Goodwin Sands Potholing Club after going out on the Goodwins one year on the Princess Margaret.

Ross: Visited the LD Lines desk and was advised that they are tentatively planning to start taking foot pax on 29th May. Imagine this is dependant on when the Norman Arrow arrives from Aussie. Presumably they are waiting until the Norman Arrow is running a full service together with the Cote d'Albatre before starting to take foot pax as I suppose they will need to acquire a foot pax bus to transfer passengers between the terminal and the berth.

Will be good to have a footie service to Boulogne again. The supposed start-up of the Euroferries service from Ramsgate to Boulogne has gone very quiet, as expected. Roger de Haan is apparently planning a service a couple of times a day from Folkestone to Boulogne next year with a small fast craft.

end link