Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Cor Blimey
    What a can of worms
    If we had invested more into education,social services,health care etc in the boom years of the 70's under Thatcher then we would now not be facing this problem.There are countries in Africa that have a higher literacy rate than the UK .

If we don't start investing serious money in the very young very soon than this culture of not working and obtaining benefits will only continue and worsen.
    Trying to fix todays problems of unemployment is like trying to stop leaks in the Hoover Dam with a tube of UHU.
    I am all for the benefits system but I am also trying to find a long term solution and that can only be done by investment into our teachers and our children and our educational system.
    Parents must be made aware of their role in this as well as society and govt.
    Having said all that until we crack down on the spongers then the same old Tory stereo typed remarks will continue.

Drug rehabilitation,drink awareness,substance abuse courses should be part of that learning process.But whilst they grow up seeing their Mum and partner drawing the dole and heading for the pub with likeminded souls what incentive is there for them to get off their butts and start to make something of their lives.So maybe initially we may have to be hard and decisive and make tough decisions which some people will not approve of.

Howard
    Why do you necessarily assume that if their benefits are withdrawn that they will be forced into a life a crime.They will still receive food and clothing vouchers,The rent and council tax will be paid.Their energy demands will be met.There will also be other projects that they could enlist on that would enable them to a draw a weekly wage should they so desire.

Bern
    You are correct reviewed better targetted etc exactly.We appear to be able to discriminate between the genuine and disingenuine so why oh why can't the authorities.

Chris
    You ask about how to distinguish between community workers appointed by the courts and my poor use of english term 'work gangs'.Sorry thats my fault for not having time to clarify my thoughts.I was thinking more of having state run manufacturing places,volunteer organisations that require assistance with mail shots,learning a new trade centres.Totally different approach.I haven't got any answers only my thoughts but having travelled literally around the world and lived in some shitawful countries they do not appear to be caught up in PC but more in fixing the problem.So needless to say everyone tries to earn a crust by some means or other.
    I am not advocating child labour but merely striking a balance by helping those who want to work get the training and financial assistance they deserve and making it more difficult for those who have no intentions and never had of securing employment obtain benefits and therefore crippling the system that in principle is there to help.

end link