Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Can I stress that I have never said that young girls "have kids just to get on the system". While it is possible that a few do there are also a lot of other reasons why young girls have children, poor sex education, family/religious pressure against contracepception/termination, peer pressure to have sex, TV and magazine imagery of young mothers, boredom, seeking affection denied in the family environment. What is clear is that better education and more positive cultural references are required to make it more desirable for them not to have children while the system still needs to be there to protect the children that are born.

Good list Marek but unworkable for too many reasons to list here at the moment (I'm tired today). One thing I will say is that, how would you distinguish between unemployed on work gangs and those doing community service without criminalising people for being unable to find a job?

end link