Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I bow to your superior knowledge of football, my interest in that subject stopped back in the days of Bobby Charlton.

Light touch and minimum regulation is what I prefer, the emphasis on the minimum regulation. The important thing is the judgement in what that minimum regulation should be. Mrs Thatcher after all, much as she rightly distrusted the heavy hand of the State, judged that the way the banks were regulated was right.

Gordon Brown got his judgement wrong on the bank regulation, is he did over gold sales, taxation of pension schemes the 10p tax rate, etc etc etc.

As for YTS (where on earth did that get dragged up from!) is something I had personal experience of, as an employer, and I can recall three youngsters who were helped into work by that scheme and benefited, two of whom went straight into full time jobs, one with me. The third I lost touch with, she was not so good but gained valuable experience. You do like to overdramatise, clearly inflienced by left wing mythology!

end link