Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Frank Field, Labour MP, has expressed his doubts about the Government's stimulus package in his refreshingly candid blog.

At least one Labour MP is willing to be honest, all due credit to him. He "doubts" the fiscal stimulus in the PBR will actually work.

He said he was left with a "flat feeling" after the Darling's statement.

Later he says "the intellectual debate is moving toward the Tories", he says because "they believe in change through civil society rather than the blunderbuss of legislation."

His comment about the emergency budget was interesting but the latter comment was even more so.

He is of course quite right. One reason I detest Labour is the way they believe that Government is right and Government should always legislate and take control. This centralising of power is damaging to society and Government rarely know best.

The core Conservative belief is in the individual, giving people as much freedom as possible to live their lives free from the interference from the State as much as possible. There are shades of this within the Conservatives, of course, from some on the left who are almost interchangable with the right wing of Labour, through to those, like me at the other end of the Conservative scale.

I wonder if Frank Field might, just might, be about to jump ship?

end link