Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This weekend Labour suffered a high profile defection, Sir David Freud a Government adviser on welfare reform has defected to the Conservatives after being frustrated at the reluctance of the Government to act on getting those on welfare back to work.

Sir David has been appointed to the Conservative Front Bench as a Welfare Spokesman.

Charlie Elphicke posted on Conhome: "I am personally delighted to welcome him as a member of Dover & Deal Conservatives, where I am the Parliamentary candidate."

As a former chairman I too would like to welcome Sir David to Dover & Deal Conservatives and wish him luck in his new role. Great to see at least one local man is likely to be a member of the Cameron Government, maybe Charlie will be a second, given his role currently advising George Osborne behind the scenes. Dover need people in high places to exert influence on its behalf, something lacking over the last 12 years.

end link