Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Like you Harry I dont pretend to know the answers to this current epidemic of knife crime..I dont think we have ever seen anything like it on this level before. There simply isnt the prison space to put all these criminals in jail though, or even to put general knife carriers in jail. If we were to put them in jail we would have to let other criminals out to make room for them...so I dont know which is worse, its between a rock and a hard place.

Some rubbish announced by the Home Secretary on the radio this morning about taking knife carriers to A & E wards to shock them into reality is laughable. It will make no difference to these low level brains.

Knifes of course are very readily available and its impossible to restrict their availability...politicians will no doubt come out with this 'lets restrict their availability' one but its not a goer.

Just comeback to make one other point...I definitely thought that the outrage shown from the public and the newspapers would have caused these knife wielders to check back because of the sheer heat. But no, on the contrary. The publicity has driven it forward...the criminals love the notoriety. So stabbings are up. Even in the roaring Chicago on the 1920's, big time mobsters tried to lay low after mass outrage...but not today.

end link