Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I would also contend that you are fully aware of the mistruth/deliberate misdirection in your line:
    With the council sticking to the basics, business rates could be a fraction of what they are encouraging shops and SMEs. as business rates are centrally government mandated, assessed & levied & only a proportion of what is raised is returned to local authorities to supplement the funds raised from domestic rates/council tax.

I share some of your views on what local authorities should focus on & the things they ought to stop doing, however as you are more than aware many of the schemes introduced by Central Government to provide capital funding to local authority areas requires the local authority to lead & manage the project (wrongly I believe but little I or you can do about that). Of course their delivery focus should be on their statutory responsibilities & everything else should be undertaken solely on an advisory/facilitatory basis.

end link