Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Here we go again. Someone has been having ideas and it's all going to cost us.

Dover could be fantastic if only we had the White Cliffs Experience, or St James', or a Chair Lift (how much did the old Co-op cost), or a revamped Market Square, or a FastTrack bus route etc etc and this time the back of the envelope shows Bench Street!

No mention I note of how much this land acquisition has cost us and hoping for £2 Million from 'the Government' (i.e. our taxes) to complete it.

Just an idea. How about t'council concentrate on doing the important stuff like emptying the bins, cutting the verges and generally keeping the town tidy and sack the rest of their staff (there's 1.1 million vacancies out there - surely some of them are re-employable).

We've hardly built any homes that people actually like to live in since the The Town and Country Planning Act of 1947 (most of the middle class people I know live by choice in Edwardian/Victorian or Georgian properties wherever they are in the country) so the Planinng Dept would not be missed for starters.

With the council sticking to the basics, business rates could be a fraction of what they are encouraging shops and SMEs.

To quote the blessed Rod Liddle 'The lower down the democratic pyramid you go, the more various institutions are likely to be staffed by goose-stepping social inadequates who fill up the gaping holes in their lives by taking it out on you'.

Let's storm Fort Whitfield and set our people free!

end link