Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As it happens WGS I too have been visiting the area to see what's going on.

One of the things I have found disappointing is the much celebrated 'high quality walking and cycling path' linking (insert sarcasm emoticon here) Dover and River. https://www.sustrans.org.uk/policy-evidence/the-impact-of-our-work/high-quality-walking-and-cycling-path-dover

The section from Dover is badly signed and not even up to the minimum standards which Sustrans sets itself for cycle paths and as far as I can tell seems to peter out half way along a footpath without even reaching Buckland Mill.

It would be nice if local groups, having of course sourced other peoples money from such as Lottery Money or the Coastal Communities Fund, actually built a fit for purpose spinal route for cyclists, walkers, wheelchair and buggy users all the way from Market Square to Kearsney Abbey.

I suspect that such a facility would do more for Dovorians and visitors to improve Dover and life in general than a thousand squirty Market Square bird-baths though fewer 'consultants' would be able to plan an early retirement on the back of even more power-point presentations ................

end link