Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

As most of my family live in Jersey together with 4 nephews and 2 nieces I am fairly interested in this article.
    I gleaned this edited passage from the Jersey Evening Post.a daily paper my eldest nephew Carl Walker is the Deputy Editor.

CHANGING the clocks in Jersey would damage the finance industry, according to the vast majority of finance workers.
    They say that the industry is facing enough turmoil at the moment and does not need a change to Central European Time.

Nearly 80 per cent per cent of the finance industry said that they would oppose a move to CET, which would place Jersey an hour ahead of the UK. Speaking before next week's referendum on the issue, Geoff Cook, chief executive of Jersey Finance, who carried out the survey, said that the benefits of the change were outweighed by the downsides.

'Naturally we would all appreciate the opportunity to enjoy lighter evenings in the summer,' he said. 'But unfortunately the business considerations outweigh the lifestyle benefits as far as the majority of the industry is concerned.'

Hope this helps.

end link