Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Mrs Hinton is, and now sadly was, a very close neighbour of mine in that the Hintons live a few floors below me in my block. I was unaware that Mrs Hinton had passed away until I saw it in The Mercury. Its quiet in that way around here.

I met the Hintons the very first night I moved in here all those years ago. Rev Hinton was leaving the block and I asked him, me being a newby, how did I turn on the radiators. He took the trouble to go back all the way to his flat even though heading to a church meeting at great haste, to give me the appropriate key. I still have it, its the only one I have. It was a kind thing to do as you know what its like...heading somewhere in a hurry and someone asks you something tedious.

I met Mrs Hinton that night when I went back to Rev Hintons flat to get said key. She was a small and gentle woman and I had regular contact with her after that as she was a member of the Residents Committee who keep us all on the straight and narrow around here, reckless group that we are.

I spoke to her just a few weeks back in the entrance hallway where she was waiting to be collected by car. She was looking frail.

Obviously the Hintons are and were very active members of the community...contributors on a wide scale, and thats all you can ask from any citizen. I was sad to hear of her passing.

end link