Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I couldn't agree more Pat and Vic is right, he used to speak at every planning committee meeting where Folkestone Road flat conversions were being voted on.

All those lovely old Victorian family homes converted into tiny little boxes where decent people would not want to live, so they put miscreants of all sorts in there and they in turn have their rent paid by the Social, so as you say, no benefit to anyone apart from the developer.

I did get repremanded for saying we are "social engineering" by allowing all these tiny flats and bed-sits; the more that are converted, the more families move out and so it multiplies until there are no family homes or families left, just tiny flats with non-productive people in them.

I expect I will get grumbled at for sayinmg this and yes I know that everyone deserves a home (?), but why concentrate them all in one place ?

Roger

end link