Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

On the contrary, I think he is oversimplifying. As I say I agree with him but I don't think he understands how things have changed which is why conservative types like this sort of article.

Yes you need a chronological framework, something I personally was not given as a result of the National Curriculum..err when was that introduced again, to produce a 'free-market' approach to schooling?...can't think who'd use terminology like that?

I agree with what you say Barry but I think you make too many assumptions. Would having a great PE teacher have made you enjoy football? I know it didn't for me! History has always been regarded by some to be boring, Art by some to be pointless or Algebra a waste of time-"when am I going to use this?". This is the problem with that supposed objectivity FF talks about. Things are different and he is measuring them by his evaluation of his own education, from a time we no longer live in. Perhaps if someone had developed his sense of 'touchy feely' empathy he could see this.

I'm with you Barry, however things are different and making 'things the same as they were' is a not the answer to everything. Boys do still love war, but history isn't just about conflict! Many children know of conflicts, dates and details through computer games, I'd argue that these suppress their imaginations but this is the time in which we live, something advocates of back to basics forget!

end link