Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Watching our Andy Murray win again was a great sight, but there is this debate going on in the background as to how do we get more British players even through the earlier rounds!!

The govorning body of tennis, the Lawn tennis Assoc. has put a lot of dosh into the sport, and Andy has come up trumps, but it is so rare.

Talking to a chap yesterday on the bus(yep bern we chat on buses on all types of subjects lol)

he told me when he was working out in Australia he noticed children are taught in a different way.
    If a child show a real interest at an early age they get a coach that takes them on an individual basis until they lose interest or become stars.

I know in the 70's when i ran a youth club we played French /Italian/German sides and all those countrires were well organised and at a high level.,

Borriussia Muchangladback take kids on at 8 at football at the club and develope them at a very early age.
    Of course there is a down side to all this

1; Thery don't get sany real childhood
    2; They probably never make the big time.

We do appear second best at many sports, thats not to say our Andy isnt, hes hopefully ghoing to win wimbledon this year, but when will we get a british women winner?

when will we get other men and women into even the second round!!

Its not the only sport we struggle with

any thoughts?

end link