Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I love all this rubbish about jobs that are not safe and a person say,s I am not doing it, and this has happen to me more then once working about 200 to 300 ft up and up comes a crane comes up with a big metal beam on chains which a raped around it so two men one each side put the bolts in and then it comes to taking the chains off the crane but they were small chains so you can not reach out to take them off,what would you do,remencering that you might have a house to pay for or a wife having a baby so you need the cash so you tell the foreman I am not getting out there I might fall ,he tell you to do it or get off site even that the law is on your side you lose your job and cannot pay out the money for your needs, well you might do what I and others done you would beam walk out there and take the chains off .and if you reported what happen a phone call would go out and you would not work on a site again. Other times are and again this happen to me we was going to put steel up in the lift shaft but only way was by ladder because you cannot fit scaffording up along came a old safey officer .see what you are trying to do but you must not use ladders but I can see it is the only way,so I am going for a cup of tea will be about 30 mins so it is up to you but I told you not to do it. So I put it on my shoulder and went up the ladder with it but done my back by doing it ,but that does not matter the job got done,now if that had been a young officer who might have said no you can not do it, what you do then is wait till he goes home then come back at night and carry on.The work must be done by you or somone will come along and do it and you lose the job.

end link