Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Earlier this evening a fire engine with lights flashing past my house drew my attention, it turned into Clarendon Street and inched its way forward to till it came to a halt about ten minutes later a third of the way down. Hopefully the time it took didn't put anyone in danger but the facts have to be faced that too many roads are clogged up with parked vehicles making it extremely difficult for the emergency services. As far as I could ascertain there were no illegal or badly parked vehicles just too many work vans that are meant for the narrow streets of our country that were built with horse and carts in mind.

Many of the cars near to me are only used at weekends as the owners commute to work and I believe Commander Codfish posted statistics on here at one time about the percentage of time that private cars were actually used.

end link