Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

DFL wrote:
    I actually think DHB have got this right. The harbour is always changing, and have to change use here and there, so permenant structures can be a bit of a liability. When you look at Folkestone, which is the "competition". The Harbour Arm thing, is very cool .......for now.
    What DHB are doing is going for things that are less "kiss me quick" or total BS culture stuff (that high street in Folkestone is pretty..... but useless tatt). THis idea with the containers could be great as it gives people somewhere to go, and something to do, and taps into the Channel Swim thing i'd imagine.

I'm all for it, in case you didn't notice!!!

Settling for something that might be better than Folkestone is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that once again just like De Bradelei Wharf we are being sold a dead duck by DHB.

We could have had the Designer Outlet Centre, we could have had the plush restaurants and bars that DWDR promised but as usual we settle for the inferior.

We settled for a polyclinic rather than a hospital. We settled for that waste of space called St James and we settled on letting a gift to the town from Banksy being painted over.

This is Dover.

end link