Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

DFL wrote:
    I actually think DHB have got this right. The harbour is always changing, and have to change use here and there, so permenant structures can be a bit of a liability. When you look at Folkestone, which is the "competition". The Harbour Arm thing, is very cool .......for now.
    What DHB are doing is going for things that are less "kiss me quick" or total BS culture stuff (that high street in Folkestone is pretty..... but useless tatt). THis idea with the containers could be great as it gives people somewhere to go, and something to do, and taps into the Channel Swim thing i'd imagine.

I'm all for it, in case you didn't notice!!!

The old high street in Folkestone was an interesting place to browse on the way back from the East Cliff Sands when I was a youngster (a little while ago). Especially the joke shop where itching powder, caps for your guns and other things that appealed to us at the time could be bought.

Rowlands rock shop was always a place where you could stand and watch the Folkestone rock and other sweet treats being made, sadly not there any more. It was a street full of character and always bustling with locals and holidaymakers perusing the local offerings.

As for being known as the Creative Quarter now begs the question as to when will the other three quarters be added to complete the obliteration of it’s past attraction?

The area has always had it’s fair share of ‘tatt’ for sale but the prices reflected the quality way back then, in the early 50’s, unlike some of today’s overpriced items.

end link