Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The point I was making was that the TV pundits were suggesting that Cameron's eye was on his profile in the media and his party's standing in the polls. I've looked at today's papers and I cannot see that there is a big backing for Cameron's claims.

It is a global crisis and there are many factors, some stretching back many years. Gordon Brown is not responsible for the failure of Fanny Mae. He is not responsible for the failure of Freddie Mac. He is not responsible for the failure of Lehman Brothers, or the problems at Fortis, or at Dexia.

Gordon Brown did act in the case or Northern Rock when the Tories seemed to suggest that it should be left to fail. He did act over Bradford & Bingley and in th case of RBS. He acted over the speculation by hedge funds the day after George Osborne wouldnt comment on Newsnight on their betting on RBS shares. I have since heard that these hedge funds may be Tory Party donors, I do not know if that is correct though.

One of the things that has added to the problems in the UK economy has been the demutualisation of financial institutions such as building societies. I said at th time it was a mistake and I think I've been proved right.

end link