Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Even though I am 75 years of age I just had to buy a book which caught my eye whilst browsing in W.H. Smith last week. It is called "The Dangerous Book for Boys" and published in the style of the old "Boys Own Paper".

It is hard backed and beautifully bound with 294 pages and only cost £4.00. Here are some of the contents.

The Seven Wonders of the World, Five Knots Every Boy Should Know, Making a Battery, Conkers, Catapults, Making a Go-Cart, The Laws of Cricket, Famous Battles, A Simple Electro-Magnet, Skimming Stones, How to Play Poker, Making Crystals, Coin Tricks, Sampling Shakespeare, Understanding Grammar, Hunting and Cooking a Rabbit, The Laws of Football, Charting the Universe, Books Every Boy Should Read and many other subjects and things to make and do.

I don't suppose you could entice today's kids away from their Play stations and Nintendo games to read a book like this though.

end link