Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This is a load of nonsense. Class is outdated and to resurrect the Toff v working class argument is ignoring the facts and taking us back into the dark ages.

Reality is that running the country and other area organisations is a complex and complicated business. We want to see the best educated and intelligent people at the top. Indeed I have met many government ministers of all parties and they are invariably good communicators and very clever.

Whatever you think of Eton or grammar or comprehensive the system sorts out those capabilities that we need.

We don't need to use the Pescott comparison - but what Dover and the country needs is intelligent leadership. I don't care where they got educated - thats why we have open university, but I have a great fear that in throwing out the MPs who have misbehaved we may get a downgraded quality.

Many people thing they are adequate and could do the job but that isnt true...

end link