Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thanks , Andy , I am sorry I could not attend the opening.As for Deal , I think you will see proposals for a replacement building for the Q/Deck coming forward soon. DDC believe the current building is out of character with the rest of Deal's seafront & have engaged architects to make better utilisation of the site continuing theĀ  modernisation/upgrading of Deal's attractive seafront features.The site has been in private hands for 20 years & was declared redundant to DDC's requirements some time ago. An appropriate scheme with a planning permission will deliver a better chance for the future.As for the Regent , expressions of interest have been registered. Again this site is a commercial site but should be treated with caution in view of the Art Deco frontage[not listed]. Both sites are smack bank in the middle of conservation areas so will be well protected.The last of Deal's large vacant sites is obviously the Astor Theatre. DDC are hoping to sign over the lease to Deal T.C. to protect its future for public useage. There is an Arts group currently engaged in taking over the management in conjunction with Deal T.C. An annual grant will follow to support its viability.

Watty

end link