Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I had a similar problem two years ago. I suddenly got a letter saying that my insurance had automatically been renewed as I hadn't cancelled when I got the renewal notice (which I had never recieved). As I was busy I let it go but made a note for the next year.

Lo and behold a renewal notice popped in my door in May from the Prudential. It was for very nearly £600. So I shopped around only to find that most insurers wouldn't touch it as it is a listed building. I eventually found one however who quoted me about £250, so I said yes.

I then phoned the Pru to cancel. "Why are you leaving us sir" they enquired. I told them it was becuase I had found something cheaper and indeed with better cover and less excess. They asked to look at it again and came back saying that they could match it! "So you will be staying with us then sir" they said.

My response was that as they had ripped my off for years they could stuff it.

Terry

end link