Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Good to see some of the ould familiar faces at the STREET SCENE event last night. I will have some more on this in a day or two on frontpage with pictures and so forth.

It was a good turnout but mostly the usual faces of councillors and DDC officials, so in effect the general public didnt show up, as probably unlikely that they knew of the meetings existence, or if they did had difficulty understanding what it was all about. The format was different this time. All sat in tabled groups of local 'think tanks' to hash out and then instruct DDC what mattered to them most. Interesting.

Many of our fab forumites were there...Roger Walkden,Chris Precious, Jan Tranter, Mandie Sehmbi, Jeanette Harper, Brian Dixon, Nigel Collor, Barry W-S, Stewart Dimmock, Phil Eyden, Kathy Bailes, (and some even ambled over to the Park Inn afterwards...oh the shame of it ! ) I may have left a name or two out there as am just rattling this off the top of me 'ead.

The meeting was excellently chaired by the energetic Gordon Cowan, with added lecture and statistics from Chris Allen.

end link