Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Keith , my view has not changed. It is simple. The proceeds of privatisation go on roads & infrastructure directly into Dover. The town centre benefits from a major makeover. An annual premium is paid directly back into the community each year, Employees become shareholders as part of the project. Local people get preferential terms to apply for shares. Local board representation on any new organisation/company is mandatory.

We also quaranteed the pension fund.

That's what was on offer last time, I've yet to see the present system or any other better it.

That is my personal view & was offered directly at the last election.

As we know the result,it is history & frankly I have no regrets because I believe I negotiated a good package for Dover.

Other than cries about the French taking over or P & O & aversion to privatisation, I heard no one say they did not want what was on offer or any party offer the people of Dover or Port employees a better deal.

We [the people of Dover]got the proceeds & I had confirmation in writing from the Shadow S of State that the Shadow Chancellor agreed.

Embarrassed, I am not.

As I said that is still my personal preference, not Conservative policy, things change after every election.

I think Barry may be with me on this one.

Watty

end link