Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I started my St georges day by fixing a couple of flags up in castle st - there should be more to follow - then thought that the weather would be good enough.

Dressed in my working Councillor robes I went to the Zebrugge service at the cemetary with all the usual councillors etc then at the town hall with the largest crowd I have seen ( it was the 90th anniversary of the raid ) during which occasions the rain came down incessantly and thus as drowned rats ( how apt) we got to the Maison dieu for a cup of tea and welcomed the guests from all over incl some guy from the Isle of wight ( more news on that soon ) and many from belgium as well as our own ex servicemen and cadets.

The best picture must be that of Chris Precious all robed up with his baby slung on his belly protecting it from the rain with his hat!

We ended the Day at a Rotary St georges Dinner with a talk about Churchill and the company of some super friends. So I'm St Georged out!

Must now go find some more flags and get the baskets ready for the street - am hoping to see the best display ever in castle street but first have to fix two baskets up - volunteers welcome one Saturday soon then Blakes for lunch? anybody?
    D

end link