Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It never ceases to amaze me...here we have a govt that is willing to give the ever bleating hard done cash strapped councils £50k in an attempt to help the High St and all we hear is cries of "peanuts or not sure if Dover applied" did they even know about these grants would be closer to the point.

Give me £50k and the first thing I would do is is obtain enlarged vintage photos of Dover that could be displayed in paper lined empty shop windows illustrating how Dover once looked or when it was snowbound or in the midst of a Royal visit or through the war years.The possibilities are endless. I would advertise that market stall holders could pitch their stalls for free on Fri/Sat for a month therefore hopefully making the market sq a market aq again. I would sponsor local bands even the Sally Army to come down and play on Saturdays. I would allow those talented pavement artists to come down to chalk their very imaginative drawings perhaps running through the summer leading to a seasons winner etc.There is so much that I, a pleb with no training in attending council meetings and delaying decisions could do with that money for Dovers High St it just baffles me that we don't even know whether our bloody council applied for the grant.

end link